Old School Friday: The Jones Girls

Ms Grapevine and MarvalusOne created a weekly meme that we call, Old School Friday. The idea is to share music from the 20th century with our blog readers. The theme this week is 'Too Hot for Radio'.

Not many people know that I was a DJ on my college radio station back in the day. I played soul music at KUCR 88.1 FM. My radio personality was known as 'The Wizard of Soul & Mind'. We had freedom to play anything we wanted ... no programmed musical selections at our radio station.

One of my favorite groups during that time was three young ladies known as The Jones Girls. They never got much radio-play on the major stations ... but I loved listening to them. One of my favorite songs from them was a simple tune called, 'Nights Over Egypt'. Check it out...





Another song that I would play on my show from this crew was 'I Just Love The Man'. I tend to think that some of the women in my life would think of me when this song was playing. Sad, but true. Listen closely...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...