Old School Friday: Bootsy Collins and Parliament Funkadelic

I invite you to enjoy some 'grown-folks music'! Ms Grapevine and MarvalusOne have teamed up to create a weekly meme that we call, Old School Friday. It is our effort to post some music from the last millennium to relive some memories and to educate or just entertain each other.

The theme this week is Music From The Year You Graduated High School. I graduated from Los Angeles High School in 1976. My afro was large and life was good. I decided to share two of my musical favorites from that year with you.

My young 'uns know about Bootsy Collins because he lives in Cincinnati and did some promotional work last year for the Cincinnati Bengals. My memories of Bootsy come from 1976 when he was Stretchin' Out with his Rubber Band. They don't know nothing 'bout that!





I wish that I could end this post right now. But, 1976 was also the year that Parliament Funkadelic landed the Mothership Connection. Villagers, if you hear any noise ... it's just me and the boyz!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...