Kendrick Meek (D-Fl), Candidate for US Senate


I see where Rep. Kendrick Meek (D) has become the first candidate to officially declare for the seat being vacated by Republican Mel Martinez. I imagine that Rep. Meek is disappointed that Hillary Clinton isn't going to be our president.

Meek is a former state legislator and former captain in the Florida Highway Patrol. He won a House seat in 2002 that had long been held by his mother, Carrie Meek, and is starting his fourth term in Congress.

"Public service and a commitment to make a better life for the people of Florida has been my mission. I've given Florida a strong voice on the powerful House and Ways Means Committee and was appointed by the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives to the House Leadership," said U.S. Senate candidate Kendrick Meek. "But never in my lifetime, have the people of Florida been faced with so many big problems. Our state needs bold leadership at every level, and it is why I've made the decision to run as a candidate for the United States Senate. This race is not about me--it is about Floridians. I am running for Florida, and I am asking Floridians to run with us in this race."

Although Meek rode the wrong pony in the Democratic presidential primary ... he appears to have found partnership with the incoming president as evidenced by the fact that Steve Hildebrand, Barack Obama's deputy national campaign manager will be Meek's top strategist for the U.S. Senate campaign.

I wish the young brother well in his campaign. It will be nice to see another African American face in the US Senate.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...