2009: The Year Ahead... Part Three

Slightly less annoying than a remake, is a sequel. It's usually a crap roll either way though, as far as quality goes; sometimes you get Hellraiser II, sometimes Leprechaun 6: Drive-by of Death. This year will be no different, as several interesting follow-ups loom on the horizon, but look to be crowded by a few suck jobs as well...

This list will surely grow as the year progresses...



The 2009 sequels that show promise
-
The Descent 2- The first one was great, so I have to hold out hope that this one will be handled right.
Final Destination: Death Trip 3-D- The Final Destination flicks may not be "Great", but they always seem to be fun and deliver some pretty cool and bloody kill scenes; imagine how good those scenes could be in 3-D.
Fritt Vilt II- The first one was a pleasant little Norweigan surprise, and I'm all for seeing part 2.
The Grudge 3- I'm not big on this one at all, but I'll give it a chance because Toby Wilkins did such a fantastic job with 2008's Splinter; The trailer doesn't look too bad...
H2: Halloween 2- I have faith in Zombie, and this one could turn out to be very interesting...
Lady Blood- This may be my most anticipated sequel of the year; Baby Blood was a great little movie from the early 90's, and I'm dying to see where they take the story from there...
Rec 2- I wanna know the back story... was it all about possession? Was it all just merely a virus? Why was the Vatican involved? I loved REC, and can't wait for this one.
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans- Not bad looking at all from what I've seen, and we may even get a glimpse of Kate Beckinsale at the end...


The 2009 sequels that could go either way-
Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever- No Eli Roth, direct to DVD... we will have to wait and see.
...of the Dead (Diary of the Dead 2) - It can't be any more of a letdown than last years DOTD was.
The Host 2- I never saw the first one, so I have nothing to say here!
Jeepers Creepers 3- The first two were decent, so why do I find myself not caring about the third installment?
Wrong Turn 3- One was great, two was pretty fun... I'll pray for decent with #3.

The 2009 sequels that downright scare me-
Saw 6- So will the detective's sister's friend, who read about Jigsaw once, get pregnant, have a kid, and he/she will be the surprise "New Jigsaw" at the end? Poop!
Pulse 3- With the treat that Pulse 2 was, I can only imagine how lovely this will be.
Children of the Corn 8- No, seriously.
People Under the Stairs 2- This truly scares me.
Bloodrayne 3: Warhammer- LOL... LOL!
Boogeyman 3- Seen it, reviewed it, and... meh.
Vacancy 2- *See Boogeyman 3
Feast 3- As poor as part 2 was, can this really be good?
Ring 3- Ugh... leave it alone already!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...