Trick or Treat (1986)


Trick or Treat
Sub-Genre- Vengeful Spirit

In Attendance
- Me, Geo, Machine and Chris.

Cast Members of Note- Skippy Handleman from "Family Ties", Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne. Seriously.

What's it about?- When metal god Sammi Curr kills himself, his biggest fan, Ragman (Skippy from Family Ties) gets real sad and goes to see Gene Simmons. Thankfully Gene gives him the last Sammi Curr record on Vinyl, and warns him not to play it backwards. Guess what happens...

Yep... That's what happens.

Soon enough, Sammi urges Ragman to kill his bullying classmates, and hate everything as if he were Emo. Crappy Fastway music ensues. Also, Skippy pretty much waved goodbye to any chance at a career he may have had after this movie.

Wave Buh-Bye, Skippy.

I won't say anything else here, because who really cares.

The Good- I love heavy metal. I love horror flicks. I loved Family Ties when it was on, even though Alex P. Keaton was a young Republican. I liked Kiss in the 80's, Ditto Ozzy... That being said, I'm not the biggest Fastway fan, and this movie could have rocked so much more.

The marriage between metal and horror was awesome, and I ate it up as a kid, but watching it again recently, I actually cringed a little bit. Was my mullet that bad? Did my jean jacket look lame too? Am I gay for loving Stryper?

No way does loving Stryper make me gay... those chicks were hot!

Fun in a nostalgic way, TOT definitely hasn't aged very well.

The Bad
- Fastway. In many ways, they personified 80's metal, but in many ways, they were too bland and in distinctive for this movie. W.A.S.P. should have done Sammi Curr's music.

The Downright Horrendous
- Were the 80's that cheesy? I remember them as fun, wild, and rocking... I feel like crying now.

The Gory- Eh... nothing to write home about.

The Naked- Some boobs, but not near enough for a R-Rated rock n' roll movie!


Best Line- "You should be loyal to your heroes... they can turn on you." or "These evil people have just got to be stopped."

What did we learn?- Playing your records backwards makes gay rockstars appear. Also, Ozzy should have stuck to music.

Rating
- D This movie isn't all that good, but it is a fun stroll down memory lane... for those of us who were in high school in the 80's. Give it a rent if you want, you might actually like it; don't blame me though if you kick your TV screen.

Final Thoughts-

The look says it all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...