Old School Friday: Love Jones

Old School Friday is a weekly meme that allows us to explore music from back in the day. The theme this week is Movie Soundtracks. My immediate thought when I learned of the theme was music from the movie, Love Jones. The two stars of the movie were Lorenz Tate and Nia Long. In fact, Nia Long has been in my Top 10 list of nubian queens ever since her role in this movie (and Lisa Nicole Carson ain't that far behind!). Here are two songs from the movie soundtrack that I thought you might enjoy. Check 'em out below...


Hopeless (Dionne Farris)


Sumthin' Sumthin' (Maxwell)



Of course, one of the most memorable moments in the movie came when Lorenz Tate broke it down in Brother to the Night! Do y'all remember this one?





I'm the blues in your left thing ... trying to become the funk in your right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...