Undead


Undead
Sub-Genre- Zombie/Comedy

In Attendance
- Me, Machine, Geo and Chris (And a bunch of onlookers who sat in the kitchen and laughed at us...)

Cast Members of Note- A bunch of Aussie blokes I'm not too familiar with, and the hotness of Felicity Mason.

What's it about?- A small Aussie town is besieged by zombie fish and rain that makes it burn when you pee... turning the simple minded residents into crazed outback hillbilly zombies. Also, aliens are behind the whole thing.

Wargarbl!

Luckily, there's a creepy redneck guy who know karate and Gun-kata who does his best to save the day! He fails of course, as his kung-fu is no match for the alien invasion taking place, and everyone pretty much gets lifted into the sky, and held at the alien's whim.

You thought I was being a smart ass didn't you? There are really aliens in this zombie movie. Who's the smart ass now, eh?

I don't want to spoil the end of this movie, as what is going on is pretty cool, but suffice it to say that I never knew aliens and zombies could be friends.

The Good- There are times while watching Undead where I can't help but laugh, or say "Oh my god"; if you've seen it, then you know exactly what I mean. Despite it's heavily cheese-laden plot that runs along side of the blood, gore, and zombie goodness, I cant help but love the little flick.

I dare you to tell me you don't want this gun.

Why do the Brit's and Aussie's seem able to pull off the horror comedy so well, while here in the U.S. we rarely get it right? (The Slither's and Feast's of the world are sadly few and far between here in the U.S. of A.) I'm just glad that somebody is getting it right...

Undead fits pretty well on the shelf with Shaun of the Dead, Severance, Slither, My Name is Bruce... All of which remind us that were allowed to have fun with horror flicks now and then, and not feel guilty about it.

The Bad
- What is this, The Matrix?

The Downright Horrendous
- Zombie fish... I'm half rolling my eyes, half vowing never to venture onto a lake again!

The Gory- There are plenty of severed limbs, random acts of violence, and other messy undead shenanigans to keep the gore hounds amongst us satisfied.

The Naked
- Nope, and there were some nice boobies we could have seen too!

Yummy... and she's a pretty good actress too. Also, boobs.

Best Line- "I'll fuckin' finish you off faster than a fuckin' birthday cake at a fat chick's fuckin' birthday party!"

What did we learn?- Rain is evil. Also, Australian people can do crazy Matrix-esque moves when surrounded by zombies.

Rating
- B This is a fun type of horror movie; definitely over the top in some aspects, and tongue in cheek for most of it's duration, but it's really, really fun. I urge everyone to give this one a spin in the DVD player.

Final Thoughts- Felicity Mason is really hot. I hope we see more of her.

She's in this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...