Detroit Labor Legend Reflects on Possibly Electing First Black President


Villagers, one of my grandfather's good friends back in the day was Dave Moore. The two of them worked together for many years in politics. My grandfather would have enjoyed seeing the current political possibilities ... David Moore shared his thoughts on Barack Obama's possible election in an interview with the People's Weekly World:


These days, as millions nationwide work to elect the first African American president, 96-year-old Dave Moore, longtime labor and community leader, wonders if it’s all just a dream.

“I don’t want to sound pessimistic, but I’ve been Black all my life, and sometimes I don’t know if I’m dreaming,” Moore told the World. He said he was “blown away” at how many white votes Barack Obama won during the primaries and the impressive display of thousands of white voters at Obama rallies across the country.

“When I wake up the next day after the election and Obama wins, then I will know that this country has begun to take a turn for the better,” said Moore.


You can read the rest of the interview here.


You may not be 96 years old ... but, use the COMMENTS section to share your thoughts on what it will mean to you if Barack Obama wins the presidential election later today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...