Much Respect to Rev. Al Sharpton for his Michael Jackson Tribute

I often think that Rev. Al Sharpton is self-centered. He seems to jump on causes that will provide him with media exposure. Often, I struggle with the impact and effectiveness of his organization.

Rev. Al Sharpton's eulogy at the Michael Jackson Memorial caused me to reconsider my thoughts. I think that Sharpton demonstrated why he is still relevant for much of the Black community. The content, tone and emotional connection of his message cannot be denied.




Sharpton hit the nail on the head during his eulogy when he told the three young Jackson children,
"There was nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with, but he dealt with it."
Villagers, you know how you can accumulate 'Get Out of Jail' cards in the game of Monopoly for use when you need it in the future? Al Sharpton just put away a few 'Get Out of Jail' cards from me today.

What say u about Al Sharpton?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...