Dr. David McKalip Resigns for Sending Racist Emails


A Florida neurosurgeon has resigned from his post with a county medical association after forwarding an e-mail to about 150 people with an image portraying President Barack Obama as a witch doctor.

Dr. David McKalip submitted his resignation as president-elect of the Pinellas County Medical Association last week, and plans to remove himself as a delegate with the American Medical Association.

The doctor has apologized for his actions, telling a Tampa radio station it was a "very bad mistake." In his apology last week to President Obama, he wrote,

"I genuinely regret the decision I made in passing this e-mail message along. Directly to President Obama, I sincerely apologize for offending him. This was, in no way whatsoever, my intention. The image has nothing to do with my feelings or thoughts on any race or culture. I recognize that this image is offensive and hope that the nation refocuses on assuring all Americans have access to high-quality, affordable health care with no party interfering in the patient-physician relationship."
Villager's View: I am glad to see that the good doctor lost his coveted position as president-elect of the Florida medical association. There needs to be consequences for racist behavior by public officials. I hope that he experiences a sharp drop in his medical practice revenues as well.

What say u?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...