Electronic Village Milestone: 500 Posts!


Our Electronic Village just passed the 500-post milestone this weekend. We began on this blogging journey about 400 days ago on January 13, 2007. It has been invigorating to watch our online community grow over time as we passed other milestones: My overall goal with this blog is to provide information and discussion that is uplifting for people of African descent. Often this means sharing information through the blog that is not readily available in the mainstream media (MSM).

The blog now has over 300 visitors a day right now with about 500 daily page views. There are over 1,000 incoming links over the past year. I have never met many of you, nor have I had a chance to say 'asante sana' in person or via email. I hope you know how much I appreciate the good vibrations that you send each and every time that you visit our Electronic Village.

There are over 200 of you that subscribe to our blog. I hope to increase that number to over 500 by mid-year. If you like the flow of our blog ... then I encourage you to take a moment to subscribe to the Electronic Village.

I am no different than the other 960+ bloggers of African descent. I simply write on topics that interest me and it is serendipity when the world shows up. My favorite topics over these 500 posts have been about politics, Obama and criminal justice.

You get what you measure. Our metrics over the first 500 posts have been interesting to watch. We note the date (in parenthesis) when we set personal bests on the Electronic Village:

  • Highest Feedburner Subscribers - 224 (3/5/08)
  • BlogCatalog Ranking - 60.7 out of 100 (11/28/07)
  • Highest Technorati Authority Ranking - 261 (2/23/08)
  • # Blogs Between EV and #1 Blog in the World - 19,658 (2/24/08)
  • # Blogs Linking to EV - 1,055 (3/5/08)
  • # Bloggers listing us as a 'favorite' - 88 (1/28/08)
  • Top Daily Visitors - 710 (11/26/07).
We're not Bossip.com, but, we do our best! I have no idea where the next 500 posts will take us. However, I pledge to be consistent in efforts to grow our Electronic Village community. I hope that you will regularly sit underneath our baobob tree and enjoy dialogue with other elders in our village. Let's share information, ideas and thoughts with one another in an effort to grow and improve!

500 posts! Asante sana!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...