Village Book Club

I wonder if there is any interest in creating an online book club. A place where we can recommend fiction or non-fiction books for other villagers to read. I've never been in a book club, but, I do enjoy reading.

Anyhow, I've decided that my next book is going to be Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny, by Hill Harper. Many of you may recognize Hill Harper from his many roles on television ... currently he is part of the ensemble cast of CSI:NY.

An excerpt from the introduction of his book says,
“Young men today have been bombarded with images of wealth and success that tell them that buying the hottest car or the most bling-blingin’ jewelry is what they should be motivated by. There is an overwhelming sales pitch targeted at these young men that subliminally suggests that material goods are what makes them real men. I want young men to have knowledge of the things that ring them true empowerment: education, a strong sense of purpose, compassion, confidence, and humility, to name a few.

It is no accident that I graduated from Brown University magna cum laude and received graduate degrees with honors from Harvard Law School and the Kennedy School of Government. My family taught me that doing my best, educating myself, and being in service to others were not optional and that having values and being truthful were not negotiable.

I am living proof that these principles work. Through the letters in this book, I wish to pass on to other young men my grandfathers’ legacies of education, hard work, determination, and success.”
Have you read his book? If not, is it one that you would consider reading in the near future?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...