Bruce Gordon's resignation letter


Recently, I asked about the relevancy of the NAACP in our lives. My post was a result of decision by Bruce Gordon to resign as NAACP president & CEO after only 19 months on the job.

The outgoing memo that he forwarded to the NAACP board was forwarded to Afro-Netizen by an anonymous source. Afro-Netizen has independently confirmed that it is a memorandum written by recently resigned NAACP President & CEO, Bruce Gordon, and addressed to the organization's national board of directors.

"March 6, 2007

From: Bruce S. Gordon
To: NAACP National Board of Directors

It has become clear to me over the past 72 hours that there is considerable discussion about the circumstances surrounding my resignation. It is important to me, and hopefully to you, that there is a clear and accurate account of what has taken place that got us to this point. Let me begin with a chronology that is my best attempt at succinctly summarizing the key events that led up to the media coverage of my departure. I will close with a list of issues that are representative of the lack of alignment between the CEO and Board."


Did you read his memo? I am interested in your comments on his message to Julian Bond and the others on the NAACP Board of Directors.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...