This is why we can't have nice things.

This movie actually exists.The only question is, why?


Is this an attempt to milk the Twilight tweens for all they're worth, or maybe it's just eye candy for gay guys that love horror? The gay guys, I'm down with; I love my eye candy, so why shouldn't they get some too? The Twilight tweens though, I just can't support.

The 10 year old girls who have no clue what love (or a good movie) is yet, I have no problem with them liking this crap. They're kids, and when I was 10, I though Gymkata and anything with the word "ninja" or "fighter" in the title was awesome! To this day I'll watch any cheesy post-apocalyptic action movie made in the 80's and squeal with unnatural glee the whole time... I love them for what they are though.

In this case though, I'm talking about the older chicks, you know the lonely, mentally-off, hungry crowd, who post things on their various online profiles like "I wish I had an Edward!" or "I'm on team Jacob! OMGLOLROFLMAO!" Yeah, them.

Ladies, listen to me. If you're going to throw your hope behind an idealistic view of love and romance, can you at least pick a good one? I get that love sucks, that we can all feel lonely and lost at times, but did you ever stop to think that part of the problem is swallowing the swill that Movies, TV, and yes, even Books, shovels in our face?

Mopey looking, shirtless guys (with great abs of course), who run around all forlorn and glittering are not the damned answer. They do make for great box office though, I have to give them that.

I know I'm ranting, and for all I know The Brotherhood: Alumni could be a cinematic masterpiece full of action, intrigue and the perfect ideal of sweeping romance, but give me a fucking break... THE POSTER SAYS IT ALL!

Then again, I'm down for any movie packed with hot, shirtless, emo lesbians, so maybe I'm a hypocrite.

/rant.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...