A quick roundup...

... of flicks that I don't want to take up a whole post writing about.

Hell no!

Jennifer's Body- All in all, this wasn't a totally horrendous movie; it looked good, Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried looked GOOD GOOD, it even had a very nice lesbian kiss & grope scene between the lead hottie's, but in the end it was truly doomed by the awful writing of Diablo Colby, or whatever her name is.

Devil Coby's writing (mostly when it comes to dialogue and monologue) is so callow, annoying, putrid, and painful to listen to, that I have no choice to assume that she's decided to use her writing to spark trendy new buzz words and phrases, pretty much with every other line. No one talks like that Devil Coby, not unless they're 14 or mentally slow. By trying to show how hip and "in touch"" she is with the teen world, she proves just how much she really isn't.

Example(s) Taken from IMDB because I refuse to remember them on my own:
"I need you hopeless." (What? Who the fuck says that?)
"You need a mani bad. You should find a Chinese chick to buff your situation." (Maybe the perfect example of Cody's suck.)
"These are like smart bombs, you point them in the right direction and shit gets real." (Do kids who talk like this really not know how lame they sound?)
"I just got Aquamarine on DVD. It's about a girl who's, like, half sushi. She must've had sex with a blowhole or something." (What does this even mean?)
"[Having been stabbed in the stomach and bleeding profusely] Got a tampon?" (Oh, that's funny. I get it.)
"You're totally lesbi-gay." (Stop making stuff up! Now!)

It's really better to mute the movie and just watch and try to guess what's happening, rather than suffer the trendy crap Coby spews..

The story itself was cheesy and predictable, but at least the actors made it far more interesting than it should have been. Yes, even Megan Fox, and we all know she can't act her way out of a dirty hamper.

Again, unless you're a teen who hasn't developed taste yet, or mentally challenged, skip this one when it hits DVD. You won't be missing a thing. Except the kissing scene, which was seriously fantastic.


Not perfect, but pretty good.

A Perfect Getaway- I don't know, maybe I'm being picky lately, but this one just made me say "meh" after it was all said and done. It was good, had gorgeous locations, and I loved the cast- Olyphant and Zahn alone make most things watchable, and Mila... well, she's just special. Need I mention why Marley Shelton is so damned special? Throw in Nikki from LOST, and I'm pretty much all set. So then why did it feel lack luster?

I liked the guessing game of it all, the twists and turns if you will, though some of it felt pretty obvious.

I'm going to chalk it up to seeing it at the wrong time I think. When it hits DVD I'll pick it up and watch it again, and maybe it will please me more than it did this time. I think you should check it out, and let me know if it was better than I initially thought.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...