Palmdale Teen Beat by Security Guard Over Cake Crumbs

What is happening in America? Jailings, shootings, lynchings, nooses in schools, unjust criminal just-us actions in the courts, Black worker arrested and charged with assault for cooking "too salty" burger, Black woman and her child gang raped in Florida, Black woman raped and tortured by an entire redneck family in West Virginia.

And the beatdown continues ... Did you see what happened in Palmdale, CA?

A young Black girl assaulted by school security and called 'nappy-head' by the security guard because she didn't pick up crumbs off the cafeteria floor. At the end of the day three teens and a mother are arrested.

One of the students arrested caught the whole thing on video. The incident was instigated over cake.

It was a birthday party at Knight High School in Palmdale. Early last week, during lunch hour, students say the cake dropped, and then everything else dropped. There was mayhem and chaos. A student used his cell phone to capture video of 16-year-old Pleajhia Mervin being arrested by campus police early last week.

Mervin says a security guard slammed her against a table at a lunchroom at the high school and twisted her arms behind her back so violently, he broke her wrist. Her wrist is in a cast. "He put my arm behind my back and he started raising it until it hurt, so I told him, 'Stop, it hurts.' He had slammed me on the table and told me to hold still. He called me a 'nappy-head,' and that's when I just started crying," said Mervin.

Mervin claims she was roughed up simply because she failed to pick up every crumb of a birthday cake she accidentally dropped on the floor of the lunchroom during a lunch-hour birthday celebration for a friend. She says she thought she cleaned up the mess, but the security guard thought otherwise. "He said, 'You have to come pick the rest of this cake up.' So I said, 'I picked it up.' He gets on his walkie-talkie, he got a call, so I just started walking to class, and that's when he grabbed me," said Mervin.

Mervin says when the security guard realized he was being videotaped, he tackled the student shooting the video.

Mervin's mother, Latrisha Majors, said when she rushed to the school demanding to see her daughter, she was accused of battering the principal. She says she was then arrested and forced to spend the night in jail.

"This has caused such a disruption in my life," said Majors. "I try to explain this, but I can't. The 'nappy-head' thing, she doesn't understand that there is prejudice going on every day, all day long. It's not right."
Pleajhia Mervin has been expelled from school. She will have to go to an expulsion hearing. She says she's even been accused of battering the security guard, and was ticketed for littering. Her mother works for the school district. They fired her when they learned she had been arrested. A group of parents, students and community activists plan to protest outside the school.

Villagers, I come back to my original question, What is happening in America?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...