Tea Party Activist Circulates Racist Email About President Obama and His Parents

The so-called 'birther' movement has taken another step into the abyss. It seems that Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the Orange County Republican Party leadership, sent out a racist email to her Republican Party cronies. [SOURCE]

Written under the words, “Now you know why — No birth certificate!”, is an Obama family portrait depicting his parents as chimpanzees.

When asked if she thought the email was appropriate, Davenport is quoted as saying,
Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people–mostly people I didn’t think would be upset by it.”



'I Have Friends Who Are Black'


Anytime you utter those words ... you've proven yourself to be a racist!

Our nation is definitely having a difficult time pulling itself to a post-racial perspective in politics. The examples of politicians going public with their racist thoughts is growing:
I imagine that this list could go on for days.  Anyhow, it's my belief that people like Marilyn Davenport should not be in positions of political leadership.   I hope that her colleagues in the Orange County Republican Party agree ... I hope that they call for her immediate resignation!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...