Michael Vick, Say It Ain't So!

My 7-year old son and 10-year old daughter each have a #7 Michael Vick jersey. I doubt if they will wear them any longer. Not when they figure out what dog fighting is all about. The federal government indicted Michael Vick for "sponsoring a dog in an animal fighting venture". Evidently, Vick's homies aren't as tight-lipped as Barry Bonds' homies. The federal government hasn't been able to indict Bonds for the past four years. It barely took four weeks for the feds to search Vick's home and come down with this indictment.

Villagers, I encourage you to take a moment to download the 18-page indictment. Also, take a moment to check out a dog fighting fact sheet.

This is hot ghetto mess. I have a cousin who raises pit bulls out in the country. That is as close as I've been to the dog fighting underground. As such, I simply don't understand the thrill. I'm told that cock-fighting and dog fighting are quite common in many areas of the South. I defer to those villagers from below the Mason-Dixon line to school me on how common it is. I just know that if you're the most popular African American quarterback in the NFL ... this ain't where you want to be.

I imagine that Pac-Mac Jones, Tank Johnson and Chris Henry are feeling a little weight coming off their shoulders. The full weight of the media is going to head down to Atlanta. It is going to be rough for the Atlanta Falcons to focus on football this year with the off-field distraction. I live in Cincinnati. Last year, we thought that the Bengals were heading to the Super Bowl. A few off-field arrests and indictments and the Bengals were history. I anticipate that the same thing will happen this year with the Falcons.

Finally, let me be the first to tell you how the race card will eventually get played in this situation. At some point Vick is going to get suspended by the NFL commissioner. When it happens folks are going to point out how the commissioner reduced the suspension on a white player earlier this year ... but, is taking a hard line on Black players. Remember that you heard it here first.

Personally, I don't have much sympathy for Vick. He built the house. He bought the dogs. His friends and family were involved. There are over 50 dogs found (alive and dead) on his property. You do the crime ... you are gonna to the time. It wouldn't surprise me if he is released by the Atlanta Falcons owner. Didn't Tank Williams get released by the Chicago Bears for a speeding ticket last month?

Well villagers ... what say u?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...