The Truth about Legion (2010)...

"This is a quick little write up on a decent little movie"


... is that it wasn't as bad as I had been led to believe.

The first time I saw the trailer for Legion, my geek meter went into overdrive and I hit the roof, needing to see this angel apocalypse flick asap. When it hit theaters, our very own Machine got to check it out before I did, and reported back that he was not thrilled with the final result. Apparently he was not the only one, as it met with plenty of lukewarm reviews. The less than stellar reviews the film garnered saddened me. It also made me not see it in theaters and wait for the DVD release. I'm moody like that.

Months after the fact, as it hit DVD, I had to get a copy and find out for myself, despite everyone telling me not to waste my time... and I found that it really didn't waste my time.

The premise of God sending his angels to destroy mankind is an excellent one, and quite compelling whether you are a religious person or not. I was hoping to see a bloody culling of mankind by swooping legions of angels, but instead only got Michael and Gabriel go at it, which was fun, but not as grand as I had imagined.

Paul Bettany is awesome as Michael in this, as he has a natural intensity about him that just screams bad-ass, and LOST's Kevin Durand is equally as bad-ass as the human-hating Gabriel. Adrianne Palicki looks hot as the knocked up slut whose baby just might save mankind, Tyrese is pretty good as the cool black guy, The kid who plays Jeep is just about as effective as he was in Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (not very), and Dennis Quaid is just Dennis Quaid. All in all, the cast did a pretty good job. Except Jeep.

The action was awesome, the demons were pretty creepy, and the angelic scenes were, well, angelic. It was a little looser in some places than I would have liked, and it wasn't even close to being epic, but it was pretty fun, and definitely worth a watch.

B-

Did I mention how hot Adrianne Palicki is?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...