[REC] 2 (2009/2010)

This review may contain spoilers for [REC] as well as [REC] 2, so if you haven't seen the first one, proceed with caution...


[REC] 2
Sub-Genre- Infected Demons/Survival

Cast Members of Note- Manuela Velasco, Ferran Terazza, Pavlo Rosso, and Javier Botet.
Directed by Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza.

What's it About?- [REC] 2 picks up right where [REC] left off, with a small group of special unit police entering the sealed off apartment building to see what the deal is with the viral outbreak. And what is the deal? Everyone from the first movie is either dead or turned into infected demons, Nina Mederios is still running around hiding in the dark, and I'm still crapping my pants watching all of the exploits.

Creepy, creepy, creepy.

This time, the Vatican has sent one of its holy soldiers to investigate the goings on, and to collect a vial of Mederios blood in hopes of creating a cure for the demonic virus. That's right, they have to search through the entire, dark, demon filled building and find the creepiest demon of them all, corner her, and take a blood sample. You see where this one is going, don't you?

Go ahead, tell him no.

As you might expect, things don't go easy at all for our heavily armed police squad, and just when all hope seems lost... Angela shows up, alive! Yes, she survived the first one (which they explain, and it makes sense), and now she's back to get some revenge with a shotgun and a will of steel! I love tough chicks.

Bad girl with a gun!

Will Angela help the Padre to get his demonic blood sample? Will a gang of creepy demon kids wreak havoc and kill everyone in the building? Will Nina Mederios find a way to escape the apartment building and plague the earth with her demonic virus? I don't know actually, I was hiding under the bed when it ended... Don't judge me.

It just doesn't look good for them...

The Good- [REC] 2 was better than the first one, and I loved me some [Rec]. the sequel takes us deeper into the story, explains a ton, and proves my theory about the first one right... it was demonic possession! take that, chat room people that called me crazy! Ha!

The creepy kids and the scenes where the priest talked to them, the crawlspace, and the whole infrared thing were just great. The whole thing had me creeped out and on the edge of my seat, and that is quite a feat for any horror flick to pull off these days.

The Bad- God were those teenagers annoying or what? I get that kids do "crazy" and dumb things because they don't know any better, but once a S.W.A.T team and guns are involved, it's time to stop acting like a moron and go home. You don't sneak into a quarantined apartment building under armed guard, just because it sounds like fun, and if you do, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Dummies.

The Downright Horrendous- I am not getting up in that crawlspace. I don't care what's up there, what orders I'm under, or if you put a gun to my head and tell me to "get up there or die"... not happening. Do you know what's up there? Neither do I, and that's exactly why I AM NOT GOING UP THERE!

The Gory- This one is bloody and violent enough to satisfy your cravings, I promise. Especially if you like shotgun violence and things like random puking of blood. Good stuff.

The Naked- Ugh... no! Manuela Velasco needs to be naked! Damn these high brow horror movies that think they can focus on plot and atmosphere, and not show any boobs! How dare they!

What did we learn?- Never trust a priest. Also, leave the damned lights on at all times!

The Master Says- A+ (10/10) We don't often hand out the A+ grade here at THC, because to most people that grade implies perfection, but I can't see giving it anything less. This is exactly how a sequel should be; better than the first one. Plain and simple, if you liked [REC], I can't see how you won't like this one even more. It's creepy, bloody, and executed almost flawlessly. We get answers, new questions, and a pretty good twist... See it. See it now.

Final Thoughts-
Donde esta Fuego gracias hot! I don't even know what I just said, but you get the point.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...